Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I Love New York!

Yesterday I wept.  Not because I was hurt, sad or in pain. I cried because I was overjoyed. I received one of the most touching emails from a woman Rich and I met on our brief vacation to NYC.  A simple act of kindness we were able to show our new friend and prayer resulted in an amazing revelation from God to her.

".....I always remember that night of Feb 13, since then, I knew you would have a special place in my heart, what you did that night made me reflect and take into account many things, that I took for granted....thank you thank you thank GOD and now this testimony helps me even more in my conviction of love for Him, now more and more everyday.... I have it very clear that God is the Almighty Father, I thank Him for the joy of freedom and love, that He gives us in our lives...."

When I received this email, tears filled my eyes immediately.  Initially, my poor husband Rich thought something was wrong as I couldn't speak, I was so choked up.  But from the look I gave him, he was able to see that it was something really good and his eyes began to water.  Rich was dying to know what I was reading and it took me a moment to be able to formulate the words from my phone.  I began reading it to him, tears streaming down both of our faces and even as I type this.

We look back on the events leading up to meeting our new friend.  God was present and He, in fact, pursued her by orchestrating situations and getting us exactly where we needed to be to meet her.  She was introduced to a loving God, Jesus Christ, on Feb 13th and til this day, He has been wooing her to Himself.  Our friend isn't aware of this but a fight was brewing between my husband and I right before we met her on the street, outside of Hillsong church. God intervened immediately by sending us a woman we believe to be an angel.  This stranger appeared out of nowhere and disappeared when her job was done. Had the tension escalated, there was no way, we could have thought about sharing the love of Jesus with someone! We would have been too occupied being mad at one another.


There is an overwhelming joy that comes from knowing your obedience to God has produced a life changed, forever - a life that isn't even your own.  We don't always get to see the fruits from the seeds we plant and water, but when you do get to witness the progress and growth - WOW! It is truly exciting!

To my new friend and sister in Christ - Everything that I ever had to go through to meet you was all worth it!  Thank you for being the best part of our visit to NYC!

I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. - Ephesians 1:17-19

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of New York. I love the fact that you were real about you guys almost getting in the way of Gods plan. I love that he intervened and made sure he got you where you needed to be. I love you!

    There are several sub-themes you could write new posts about. One being Gods grace and intervention. I hope to see more on this.

    ReplyDelete